We offer an option to purchase the drivers and DLL source code. The source code can be directly edited and compiled with MS Visual C/C++ or with the DDK "build" utility.
Supported operating systems
Our Plug and Play WDM device drivers are compatible with Windows 98/2000/XP/2003.
What do we offerOn purchase, we deliver the package including:
- C++ source and project files to build a driver (*.sys);
- C++ source and project files to build a DLL to cummunicate with driver;
- Sample applications in many programming languages (available in standard RapidDriver package);
- Driver building and installation instructions, as well as instructions on deployment the driver with your application.
Negotiating with driver
We have developed a convenient method to communicate with a driver through DLL. You can use the functions exported by DLL instead of performing IOCTL requests. You can view the functions and structures for USB, ISA/PC-104, PCI and Parallel Port.
Distributing the drivers with your application
The following files must be in the same directory:
- <project name>.inf file from RapidDriver\Kernel directory
You may install the driver by two ways: "standard" or with our RdInstall utility.
The "standard" procedure is following:
1. Run Add Hardware wizard from Control Panel.
2. Select "Install from a list or specific location".
3. Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install".
4. Select "Have disk" then browse to your inf-file directory.
RapidXXX.dll should be copied to any accessible directory, say, <Windows>\system32.
Using of RdInstall utility makes this process much simpler:
1. Copy all files (and RdInstall.exe) to the same directory
as described above.
2. Run RdInstall utility.
RdInstall.exe <full path to the inf-file>
Note: Full path required!
You should run Device Manager and search for your device to make sure that the installation was successful.
Proceed to the ordering page to view the prices.